Choose Your Dance Style!
Ed de la Cruz
Dance Time With Friends 21st Grand Gala
5:00 – 6:00 pm
6:00 – 7:00 pm
7:00 – 8:00 pm
8:00 – 9:00 pm
9:00 – 10:00 pm
Pricing & Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
What safety guidelines do you implement during the pandemic?
DTWF have implemented the following guidelines in an effort to help stop the spread of the virus and keep the students and instructors safe.
- Reservations will be required before you can enter the studio for lessons and other events.
- Temperature check will be conducted before entering the studio using a touchless thermometer.
- Everyone must wear a mask (while inside the studio) and has the option to wear a face shield in addition to the mask. Face masks that have a valve and neck gaiters are NOT acceptable.
- Hand sanitizer will be at the foyer and must be used upon entry into/exit from the studio. Hand sanitizer will also be available at every corner of the studio.
- No physical greetings (hugs, handshakes, kissing).
- Bring a regular partner because there will be no rotations.
- Single students must be willing to learn alone.
- Dance instructors will be wearing masks and shields at all times and will not be partnering with students in order to maintain physical distancing; this applies during lessons and events.
- The studio will be cleaned and sanitized daily and high touch areas will be regularly wiped down (sanitized) between lessons.
- Capacity will be limited based upon guidelines from the CDC and State of Illinois.
- Buffets will be eliminated from the Saturday Dance Party and events.
- We ask that you stay home if not feeling well, are sick, or knowingly have come in contact with someone with Covid-19.
- If you have returned to the Chicagoland area from locations experiencing a surge in Covid-19 cases, we ask that you please follow the Illinois Department of Health (link: https://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/travel-guidance) guidelines for quarantine and refrain from coming to the studio.
- Guidelines will be posted at the entrance of the studio.
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Disease and Control and Prevention (link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronaravirus/2019-nCoV/index.html), senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
- By visiting Dance Time With Friends, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid-19 and therefore must be willing to sign a waiver form.
Do I need to sign a long term contract in order to join?
There are no long term binding contracts at Dance Time With Friends, you decide how many classes you want to take. We offer different price packages to fit your needs.
Do I need a partner to learn how to dance?
- We have a group class every Monday night from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm. With partners and/or without partners, all are welcomed. You just have to be willing to learn your dance patterns alone.
- We also have “Dancercise” (workout using latin dance steps) every Wednesday night from 8:00 – 9:00 pm. No need to have a partner.
What do I need to wear?
Simply wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
Do you choreograph dances for special events?
We can choreograph dances for any kind of event that you might have. People most commonly request to learn unique dance choreography for weddings, cotillions, anniversaries, and birthdays.
How long will it take me to be good?
The key is being consistent in classes and practicing. We’ve had students who have never danced before, show incredible progress in only after a week. While others took their time and improved considerably after a couple of months. . In the end, everyone can progress at the speed they feel comfortable with.
I really don’t have a place to practice at home, where can I work on my dancing?
Every Saturday night from 7:00pm – 10:00pm is dance practice/party. All this for only $15 per person. Our Saturday night dance party is open to the public. Light refreshments is served.